Hello fellow Cudas!

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Hello fellow Cudas!

Post by Derek »

I just peed a little, involuntarily.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Dang Derek, what brought on the seepage ?
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

What 'da hell is up with the A2E 'Cudas lately... the A2E is an uber rare 'Cuda... and yet here come a bunch of FNG's (no offense intended) with A2E 'Cudas! (Hell yes, I'm a poet and I know it!) All the new A2E's are madness!!! Where is my A2E, dad'gum'it?!!!

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

I didn't realize they were uncommon as my second just arrived. I also ordered a SDG 2000 ti seat and a Judy DH with White Brothers upgrade fork to replace the mag21.

That being said I still have love my first 94 A2E and am getting ready to take her out today even with the A2V in the shed. Make me a good offer on this one Neo and you can have her. Note the frog and monkey pillows will be extra!!!
Attachments
100MEDIA_IMAG01671.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG01671.jpg (52.11 KiB) Viewed 13517 times
a2e2.JPG
a2e2.JPG (34.09 KiB) Viewed 13517 times
fork.JPG
fork.JPG (58.43 KiB) Viewed 13517 times
sdg.jpg
sdg.jpg (3.89 KiB) Viewed 13517 times

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That would put " D " sleeping in the garage with his toys for sure....Nice ride by the way and will be nice to see the next one with the new parts...

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:That would put " D " sleeping in the garage with his toys for sure....Nice ride by the way and will be nice to see the next one with the new parts...

I am more than willing the walk the stroll of shame back to the garage and the offer is quite tasty but I'll only go there if you include my favorite SDG Ti Kevlar saddle with the deal... you gotta give to get!

Speaking about "the house" I'm keeping quiet about today's haul...

Here's the deal, lately, I haven't been too lucky with Craigslist/Ebay/Yakaz on my bike treasure seeking, plenty of "just sold it" and "someone is on the way over right now" or I get clipped at the auction closing and I was starting to suffer bike depression. Today the bike gods smiled on me again! I scored a black set of Kooka 170mm cranks with Kooka rings, a set of new in the box black Kooka 175mm crank arms, a black Kooka 110mm stem, an ol'skool 1" Salsa quill stem (my favorite quill brand), and a XTR front derailleur. My depression has lifted... I can now tilt back and enjoy a few bottles Fat Tire Ale... the box I bought came with 12 "friends" to help celebrate the good blessings of the day (as it is the Sabbeth... the black Kooka Sabbeth)!

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

grats on the items...was it a local score?

regarding the seat I just got off ebay and was the only bidder at $50 (plus $5 shipping). I was a bit hesitant to pull the trigger as it wasn't a great price but i thought it was fair and I have been looking for one and it was the right color for the newly arrived A2E that desperately needed a saddle.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I caught a break as it was a local sale by a female racer who is thinning out her stash. She claims to have an older aluminum race bike with more Kooka parts and other tasty bits from that era that she'd give me first opportunity with the pick of the litter after she tears the bike down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

That doesn't seem like a bad price if you love that saddle, all those SDG Ti Kevlar S X000 series saddles were loved and used back then... mighty rare to find one these days in fine shape. So I have saddle envy, I can admit it!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Stocking up on parts or new builds in the work...will we see pictures if so ? Hey, did you receive those stems I point out on Ebay yet !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey fellas,

I'm always looking for parts, bikes and frames are too hard to sneak but parts can always come out of the bins of spares... even I don't know what all is in there!

I sure did vpc66, the stems arrived and they are great! I'm not sure if I told you that I bought both, like I need two identical stems, but they are so cool I know I'll have a build down the line. Thanks again for the heads up!

Speaking of heads up... here is a dandy SDG saddle from way back. The Ti Kevlar Ventura saddles with the "sparkle covers" hit the scene around 1996, so here is a chance to pick up a rare gem. The MSRP was $89.95 but there was such a demand that they were going for a C-note out the door and the king was this one with the patriotic colors and stars. Sure it's used but so is your Cudas... don't get bitchy! I'm not bidding as I have no bikes with the color scheme. Someone should take this tasty bit home to your Cuda!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RareVentura-Com ... 1e87a27c6b