A brief introduction to my collection

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: A brief introduction to my collection

Post by Mark »

That's quite an impressive collection! Your 95 Comp takes me back.. Loved that stiff ride! Yours is the only other 97 XXTeam I've run across. I got mine off ebay, where did you find yours at?

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Mark wrote:That's quite an impressive collection! Your 95 Comp takes me back.. Loved that stiff ride! Yours is the only other 97 XXTeam I've run across. I got mine off ebay, where did you find yours at?

I got it as a frame on ebay, had originally had done a really nice build but i just couldnt fit it so i downgraded it and my uncle uses it on the trainer right now.
Mark, is it just me or have you noticed that the paint job on the ross built bikes doesnt seem as nice as the pre buyout bikes? My XX has very thin fragile paint and has a good amount of orange peel, as does my other 96+ bikes
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Yep, I found it to be sub-par in 2 areas:
1. Chips easier
2. Color choices weren't as good. They took the deep, candy gold color on the A2X and replaced it with a mustard yellow??? They mated that up with silver instead of the arctic white???

Just a couple of reasons the brand tanked after Ross invested good money in it.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Great collection MB, If your uncle ever decides he doesn't want that XX Let me know, it's exactly what I'm looking for to replace my cracked A2M. My A2M by the way had a velocoraptor on the front (very favorite front) and an original panaracer smoke (favorite rear). I posted a couple pics of my favorite racers in another post, Tomac and Missy the Missle (Loved the pirranha). There, in just two lines I commented on everything in the thread! LOL

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

The comp, as it sits today

92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Manbeer,my wife thinks I have way too many bikes...I died looking at your collection of sweet rides. Have to say and sounds like some would like to hit me...but I thrown away a set of velocoraptors that were almost new...I like light weight tires...have Bontrager revolt ss on my Comp and love them..wish could find another set
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

fliier@cebridge.net

Post by fliier@cebridge.net »

Manbeer.... Dude you have it bad... but in a good way. :lol: Awesome collection of bikes and bits! :shock: